Resources for Families
See below for a list of resources for families of deaf and hard-of-hearing children. If you would like a resource added to our list, please email us and let us know. We are continually updating this list for our patients and the community.
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for Deaf & Hard of Hearing: an international nonprofit membership organization, resource center, and support network.
- Bilingual/Bicultural Resources: a listing of resources addressing cultural considerations and issues.
- EDHI-PALS: a national website listing for facilities that provide newborn hearing tests and other pediatric hearing services.
- Beginnings for Parents of Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing: an emotional support network for families.
- Hands & Voices: a nonprofit, parent-driven organization offering support and resources for families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Local Educational Resources
- Holly Ridge: a local nonprofit aiming to help children and adults with differing abilities to reach their potential. Early Intervention and Family Resource Coordinator services are available.
Summer Safety Tips