Resources for Families
See below for a list of resources for families of deaf and hard-of-hearing children. If you would like a resource added to our list, please email us and let us know. We are continually updating this list for our patients and the community.
- Alexander Graham Bell Association for Deaf & Hard of Hearing: an international nonprofit membership organization, resource center, and support network.
- Bilingual/Bicultural Resources: a listing of resources addressing cultural considerations and issues.
- EDHI-PALS: a national website listing for facilities that provide newborn hearing tests and other pediatric hearing services.
- APD Support: a website with international listings of facilities that conduct auditory processing tests and treatments, and offers auditory training exercises. Users can track their progress on the site dashboard to monitor their auditory processing abilities.
- Beginnings for Parents of Children Who Are Deaf or Hard of Hearing: an emotional support network for families.
- Hands & Voices: a nonprofit, parent-driven organization offering support and resources for families of children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
Local Educational Resources
- Holly Ridge: a local nonprofit aiming to help children and adults with differing abilities to reach their potential. Early Intervention and Family Resource Coordinator services are available.
Summer Safety Tips